Monday, November 24, 2014

Dairy Free, and Sugar free Hot Chocolate!




Yes, yes. you are probably thinking, 'Cooking is not a craft.' Cooking isn't a craft, really, but I think to some people it would be considered one.
Yesterday, I was making my breakfast and I knew it was a hot chocolate kinda day. I cant have dairy or sugar, so I have to be extra creative. I'm using a secret ingredient to add flavor and sweetness. Can you guess what it is? A banana. This hot chocolate may not taste as good as the store bought mixes, but for being sugar free it doesn't get better.

Start out by filling up your mug with some coconut milk, you could probably use any kind of milk.
Mash 1/2 of a banana in a ziploc bag. Add some honey if you have a sweet tooth. (I did.)
Mix them together and put your creation in the microwave for 30 seconds.
After you've heated it up for 30 seconds mix in 1 tsp. (or more :D) of coco powder.
Heat it up for another 30 seconds or more. Your done!

Now, I didn't finish my delicious creation before church so I left it to sit on the counter, I think it was sitting on the counter for about three hours and when I came back it had thickened and turned into a mousse. Note: Yours will not do this if you didn't use coconut milk. It was a yummy and creamy and clumpy and thick kinda mousse, and I liked it. SO, there you go! A hot chocolate recipe that is healthy and that will (hopefully) satisfy all your chocolate cravings.
Have a great day!
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10