Saturday, October 18, 2014

Clay charms and keychains {DIY} ideas

Every once in a while I get into a certain craft for a week and then it dies down and I find a new craft to get into for the week. Anyway, this week it was clay. I found that clay in my closet from last Christmas. So I decided to make some little charms and keychains. Wanna take a look?
Here is the clay I'm using, it's just regular polymer clay. Buy it here, I got it in Spring Lilac and just purple.
 
 My Prim Rose:
 I used clear nail polish as a sort of glaze, I know you can buy clay glaze but it tends to be pretty thick, this brand of nail polish works perfectly. Buy it here.
 Hearts:

Rings:

 My favorite, Rosebud earrings: 
 This is just a charm. See the cool texture? I used lace to create it.
 And my unfinished projects.
Flat rose:
Rosebuds:
Ring:
 Tools I use:
For the rings I use the top of a nail polish bottle to shape:
 I use a butter knife to cut and flatten.
I used a seam ripper to cut little parts and for holes.
 My charms are baking in my toaster @250 degrees for 15 minutes.


Thank you so much for visiting The Craft Bag! If you like this post be sure to follow us and comment if you want a tutorial on any of the little clay charms shown!

Caroline





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10